aLL is WeLL

aLL is WeLL
EnJoY LiFE! Keep Your Smile!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Farewell


  Farewell
           By: Angel Vic S. Tecson

            I remember,
       the wide brown beach
Begging me not to leave-
The tears that never stopped – farewell
for I was leaving so long.
The light left on for me in the hall.
The trips on the game mahjong-
the time you kept me from harm
Whenever I needed you
It was your shoulder I turned to.

I was here in Manila-
The hospital care,
You in a wheelchair;
The feelings that you weren’t okay.
The days you couldn’t go out to play;
I was told in a summer day,
That you had forever gone away.

The funeral room full of fears.
Fathers eyes full of tears,
Everyone at the plaza
There was no shoulder,
Tears fell on my blouse
The pain I felt,
All of it still I haven’t dealt.

I wish I could’ve said goodbye.
Maybe now I wouldn’t cry.
I know you miss me,
Why couldn’t you stay?
I still miss you to this day.
Grandpa, I’m home.

No comments:

Post a Comment